Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bryan: My answer to your Comment

When doing my research I came up with some facts that indicates the focus of the media in the Middle Eastern areas. And the Arabic font is the second used worldwide; so designers began to develop the font and make it as modernized to fit on TV screens as well as the web. This is how they began to develop the font. Also, I checked out the history and the reason why the type was late to develop is because of the Ottoman power (Turkey now) has widespread the middle east, so the empire tried to delete the Arab identity and shriveled calligraphy and the font. Now Turkey got rid of Arabic font totally, they use instead Latin script.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Imane,

What do you mean by "second"? The second most popular on TV? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

About the media, are you saying that having a Westernized arabic font will allow Arabic culture to have a larger voice in new media?